Exploring HighRoad's Template Pak
Here’s perhaps the understatement of the century—sometimes email templates can be fussy. Who's with me on this?
I think it's fair to say that, regardless of the platform, as marketers we've all peeled back the HTML veil to try and retrofit and/or augment our templates. We know what we want for our organization and our brand. We also know that sometimes technology just doesn't bend that way.
Understanding that time spent on marketing strategy versus template rewiring is always a better bet, we've created what we call the "Template Pak" for one of the leading email automation platforms we offer, Adestra.
If you're a HighRoad client on Adestra, you now have a tool that can help you design modern looking emails with minimal time and energy. The template, which should already be sitting in your instance, takes a modular approach to help you build modern, effective, deliverable emails right within your workspace.
Simply put—we know what works. We’ve done the research, we’ve asked the questions, and we’ve gone through countless rounds of testing. We're familiar with the work you do everyday, from production, to branding, to testing. Most importantly, we know the pressures you experience from leadership , program managers, and ultimately, your board.
Break up text with hierarchy, images, and buttons: Text-heavy or text-only emails simply don’t drive outcomes or create engagement compared to their dynamic counterparts. That’s why you’ll find your modular template includes suggested headers, correctly-sized image spaces, and buttons to drive action.
- Focus on outcomes: Sure, you want your emails to look great and stay on brand. But if they’re not driving toward your desired outcomes, what purpose do they serve? Our Pak will guide you toward linking content that continues the engagement outside of the email itself and drives results.
- Design for mobile: E-newsletters originated as exactly that, a digital version of a print newsletter. However, your email design should not replicate a layout you’d use for a print piece. The template we’ve created renders correctly across all major email clients and device sizes, and it’s optimized for mobile viewing.
- Layer in your brand’s style: In addition to the template you’ll find in your workspace, you’ll also receive a custom style sheet to layer on top of your Template Pak. So not only can you tailor the modules to fit your needs, you’ll be able to automatically map your brand guidelines and style.
- Clone, customize & repurpose: Our goal is for the Template Pak to encompass all of the modules you may need across the different types of emails that you send. For example, you may need most of the elements in one form or another in your monthly newsletter email, but for a more specific email, maybe you only need two or three elements. The suggested best practice is to clone the template, customize the modules to fit your need for that particular communication, and then reuse it time and time again, replacing the actual content with what’s current.
- Give it a shot: If you’re on the fence about implementing Template Pak, we’d recommend giving it a try with one of your lower-performing emails, or with an email campaign you’d like to change. You can even use the template as an A/B test to compare the modular approach to the approach you’ve used in the past.
Ultimately, the goal of the Pak is to offer associations a comprehensive, modular framework that makes it easy for associations to create and send visually appealing emails that convert. But, in the end, it's just one more layer of functionality fueling the robust email marketing engine that is Adestra.
To learn more about Adestra, the leading email automation platform for associations, schedule some time with us.
About Emily Nash
Emily has 10 years of digital marketing experience, with 3 years solely serving associations, where she has consulted on a number of integrated marketing solutions. She is passionate about delivering consulting services to associations to solve their unique challenges. She is accustomed to working with for-profit, mainstream marketing technologies such as email and marketing automation platforms, and applying them specifically to meet association needs so they can flourish and prosper.