Rethink Association & The Power of Podcasts
Here at HighRoad, our mission is not only to equip associations with the latest and greatest marketing technology solutions but to empower associations with the data and insights that will take their outreach efforts to the next level.
We continually strive to be the go-to source for all things trending in the association world: from marketing best practices to challenges unique to associations, we're here to help solve problems and innovate solutions.
- Emily Nash, Digital Diva & HighRoad Digital Advisor
- Nicole Crilley, Digital Nomad & HighRoad Email Marketing Specialist
- Ariel Saultz, Innovation Accelerator & HighRoad Technical Project Manager
- A seamless technological experience: Gen Z has particularly high expectations when it comes to tech, starting with their first impression on your website, including sign-up and payment usability. They’re used to the Netflix model—put in your credit card info once, get charged automatically, and have the flexibility to customize your experience and cancel at any time. In this way, Gen Z are the “tastemakers” for Millennials and even the older generations. They grew up expecting this experience, and the rest of us have become accustomed to the convenience.
- An organization they believe in: Millennials and Gen Z identify strongly with social justice causes, and they want to know that the organizations they’re investing their time and money in will not only provide value to them as individuals but contribute to the greater good. As such, advocacy programs, legislative charges, and policy movements will keep this group loyal and engaged in associations.
- Tangible value: While previous generations joined associations because it was “what was done," most Millennials and Gen Z-ers just don’t operate this way. These younger professionals are accustomed to learning and networking using free resources online. They’ve grown up with YouTube, Facebook, and LinkedIn, so to prove your association’s value to them, you’ll have to be very specific about your benefits and experiences. You'll need to go beyond traditional programming into the realm of new, more diversified, and more flexible offerings with highly demonstrated return.
About Emily Nash
Emily is a Digital Advisor with 10 years of blended experiences in inbound marketing strategy, email marketing & marketing automation, marketing technology, content production, social media, and advertising. With a versatile background in freelance, consulting, and corporate settings, Emily specializes in identifying and implementing effective digital strategies for associations and businesses. She’s also a host of HighRoad's Rethink Association podcast, where she discusses mainstream marketing and technology solutions and how association growth and recruitment goals can appeal to younger generations.