Getting Your Constituents to Opt-down vs Opt-out
- Within your emails - When you set up your EPC, the "Unsubscribe" link will take your readers to a form where they can indicate, with a great deal of granularity, which types of communications they wish to receive or how often they wish to hear from you.
- In your member profile area: Just like your members can log into their profile to change important details like contact information and job title, you can integrate your EPC form so that they can also indicate the types of communications they wish to receive from your organization.
- On your website: Beyond engaging with your membership base, linking your EPC on your website’s homepage invites customers and prospects to indicate their communication preferences. While not a true lead gen tool, it can serve to create awareness around your content and can even bring in new leads that you can nurture to conversion.
- Individualize your users’ experience with your organization
- Retain your members by sharing programming and events that align with their needs and interests
- Target strategically and build buyer journeys around self-selected topic preferences
- Comply with GDPR and other privacy standards
About Jason Green
Jason has an uncanny ability to communicate complex technical solutions across client teams while executing from non-technical descriptions. He has a Bachelors of Science in Information Technology Web Management and spent 13 years working at the National Association of Colleges and Employers. Having worked in an association for that length of time, he knows how best to communicate the value of technology solutions to empower the member experience.